Summers in Brooklyn can get incredibly hot. Most city dwellers rely on an air conditioner to keep them cool during the long months. However, what happens if your system stops working? Below we will go over the most common air conditioner problems and their likely causes.
The unit is not cooling properly:
- Thermostat Issues – Check the unit’s thermostat to ensure it is set correctly and reading the right temperature.
- Dirty Filter – Remove and clean the filter for your air conditioner regularly. When a filter becomes clogged, it restricts the airflow.
- Refrigerant – Often when a system is not cooling properly, the solution lies with the refrigerant. It could be low or leaking.
The unit is not turning off:
- Thermostat – If the thermostat is not working, it can prevent the unit from shutting off. Make sure the thermostat does not need new batteries or needs replacing.
There is limited airflow:
- Dirty Filter – Cleaning the unit’s filter is one of the first steps to properly maintain your air conditioner. If the airflow is restricted, it usually indicates a clogged filter.
The professionals at Quality Heat and Cool specialize in cooling and heating Brooklyn. If you notice problems arising with your HVAC Brooklyn system, do not try fixing it yourself. You could wind up creating more issues. Give us a call, and one of our professionals will be there to help!