At Quality Cool & Heat, we understand how important it is to provide the best services to our customers. We are proud to be able to provide a wide variety of services so that we can continue to have satisfied customers! Our services start with heating and cooling and even ranges to air cleaning, humidifiers and thermostats! Here are some of our offered services at Quality Cool & Heat:
- Emergency services on any of your HVAC equipment
- Duct work customized to your building
- Cleaning of your ducts to avoid issues and keep your home energy efficient
- Diagnostically trained technicians who are fully insured
- Technicians on duty 24 hours a day for emergencies
- Service to all major HVAC brands, even your pool heater!
- Preventative maintenance to ensure that you’ll be comfortable year round!
- Hot water heating in your home
- Refrigeration services to your commercial buildings
- Home remodeling and reconstruction
We also provide service to air conditioners, cooling/heating air conditioning systems, heat pumps, ventilation equipment, air conditioner accessories and controllers!
We are happy to provide service to all your major HVAC brands so that we are able to best serve you. At Quality Cool & Heat, we know how important your comfort is to you, and it’s important to us as well! If you’re looking for a repair or replacement of your HVAC system, you’ve come to the right place! No matter what the issue is, we’re happy to help! Give us a call at NY – (718) 370-9000 / NJ – (732) 308-2229 to learn more about what we can do for you! Don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook for more information on our products and services!
At Quality Cool & Heat, we want to make sure you know everything you need to know about your HVAC system so that you can make sure that it’s always working at its best! By following the directions in our most frequently asked questions, you can keep your HVAC system running at 100%!
What Can I Do If My Air Conditioner Isn’t Cooling Well?
The first thing you should do is check your electrical box to see if any fuses have been blown. Next, check your thermostat to be sure it is properly set. You might want to perform a test by setting the temperature at least 10 degrees below its usual setting to see if the system turns on. Be sure all of the air vents are open and are not blocked. If the problem persists, you should call Quality Cool and Heat Inc. to schedule a professional to come out and check your system.
If you haven’t replaced your filter in more than a month, it is time to change it. It is recommended to visually inspect filters and filtering equipment monthly. You will probably know if it needs immediate changing. If the filter looks dirty, it needs to be cleaned or replaced. Maintenance on your filters will increase efficiency and life of your system.
Do you have a suggested temperature to set my thermostat?
Most importantly you want to set your thermostat at a temperature that will make you comfortable. Revisit your settings when high summertime temperatures set in. You might want to set it 15 degrees below the outside temperature if it isn’t already. It is important to remember that once you have found a comfortable temperature, leave it be. Turning your system up and down will cost more in the long run.
If you still have any questions after reading these FAQ’s, check out our website for much more! We hope that these FAQ’s help you, but if they don’t, we are always available to help you ourselves! At Quality Cool & Heat, we are dedicated to helping our customers stay comfortable and happy all year long, so give us a call for any maintenance you might need! Don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook for more information on our products and services!
If your utility bills have been steadily increasing, you might want to make some energy improvements within your home. Often, HVAC equipment such as the furnace, heat pump, air handler and air conditioning units are to blame. Taking steps to remedy these issues will reap a number of benefits, both more »
We can install products to save your wallet and the environment. Energy saving heating and cooling products are newly manufactured products designed to run more efficiently than older counterparts. When purchasing one of these newer products, look for the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency or AFUE. Another thing to watch for is the Seasonal Efficiency Rating. Ask about programmable thermostats that allow you to schedule temperature changes in your home at any time of the day to save during warmer parts of the day.
Heating and cooling products for your home include solar water heaters and geothermal heating and cooling systems. Solar panels will be installed on your roof and then sun will heat your homes water as it circulates. This “green” step can save you 50 to 90% on your gas and electricity bill. Savings will vary based on location.
Geothermal systems are more intensive, but can save you a tremendous amount of money. The way the system works is by moving heat around rather than by converting chemical energy (the way a furnace would.) There are three major subsystems: Geothermal heat pumps move heat while an Earth connection transfers the heat between the building and the fluid of the Earth connection. The final subsystem is distribution which delivers the heat or air.
We also offer tankless water heaters. Energy going into the water heater accounts for up to 30 percent of the average home’s energy bill. A tankless water heater can save your home around $70 to $80 per year. This might not sound like a large amount, but making your home an all around energy efficient home will save you hundreds!
Installing energy savers in your home can not only save you money on your bills, but also on your taxes. To view what products and changes can get you tax credit, visit the following link: Products Eligible for Tax Credits Through 2016
Quality Cool and Heat Inc. is family owned and operated for more than 40 years.
All of our employees are EPA certified and OSHA trained.
We’ll Beat Any Price Guaranteed!
- 0% financing for one year for pre-approved customers
- Same Day, 24 Hour Service
- Emergency Services
- Free Estimates
- Hot Water Heater Service
- Duct Cleaning
- Fully Insured
- Service Contract Available
- Air Conditioning Installation, Sales, Repairs & Services
Quality Cool and Heart Inc. is part of the division of Home Improvement Contractors
and the Better Business Bureau of NY & NJ
- Set thermostat at one temperature. Constant adjusting can cause higher utility costs. If using your thermostat as a setback type, limit the setbacks to twice a day such as when you are at work and when you are sleeping. Only setback the thermostat 6% of desired temperature (approximately five degrees). Try not to set the thermostat below 70 degrees. Besides higher utility costs, this can cause the indoor coil to freeze and cause condensation in the house.
- Keep coils clean. If they get dirty you can use a heavy duty degreaser and hose them down. Just turn the unit off first.
- Don’t stack things on top of the unit. If the fan is on the top the air-flow cannot be restricted. Do not put your rolled-up garden hose or landscaping products on the unit. We see this all the time.
- When mowing the lawn, direct the mower away from the unit. A coil blocked with grass clippings and debris drastically reduces the efficiency.
- When using a weed whacker be careful near the unit. Debris can damage the coil, flatten the aluminum fins, and cut the thermostat wires; shorting out the transformer. We see this all the time and it is an expensive repair bill.
- Don’t grow a garden or plant exotic flowers around the outdoor unit without leaving a path for servicing. When planting shrubs please don’t block the access panels or the coil. Plan to keep 18 to 30 inches around the unit. Don’t forget to plan for the growth of the shrubs five, ten, even fifteen years down the road. Many people like to completely hide the outdoor unit behind shrubs. Again make sure to leave a path to service the unit.
- Having crushed stone around the unit is best. It allows for good drainage, keeps the unit level and from sinking, keeps the coils clean from washed-up grass and dirt and also keeps the service technicians shoes clean. This will also keep your floors and carpeting clean.
- Keep your furnace clean, lubricated and properly adjusted with annual maintenance. If your furnace is working at peak efficiency it will use less energy and cost less to operate.
- Clean or replace the filter every 1-2 months – a dirty filter reduces the airflow and forces the furnace to run longer to heat your home.
- Consider purchasing a new ENERGY STAR® qualified furnace with a variable speed motor. An average home can save up to $586 in natural gas and electrical costs annually when upgrading from a standard 60% efficiency natural gas furnace to a 95% efficiency furnace with a high efficiency variable speed motor.
- In heating, try not to set the thermostat below 65 degrees or above 75 degrees. Below 65 degrees a heat pump just won’t put out enough heat and above 75 degrees is using too much energy
Hot Water Heater:
- Set your water heater thermostat at the lowest temperature that provides you with sufficient hot water, but not lower than 120° F. For most households, 120° F water is fine. If you use a lot of hot water, you may need to set the temperature higher to provide enough hot water for your needs.
- Insulate your electric hot-water storage tank, but be careful not to cover the thermostat. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Insulate the first 6 feet of the hot and cold water pipes connected to the water heater.
- When leaving for vacation, set hot water heater temperature at its lowest setting. This will save money and reduce the risk of any problems while you are away.
- Flush hot water heater through drain valve at least once a year to remove sediment build-up.
- Keep area around hot water heater, clean and free of combustible and flammable material.